Re: supported platform for ODBC

From: Tom Langland <tlangland_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1996/08/09

In article <4ucs4g$bk1_at_lal.interserv.com>, rheil_at_cbs.com wrote:

:> Chen_Ding_at_Netmail.premierltd.com (Chen Ding) writes:
:> I have a stupid question to ask you guys out there. Is ODBC
 functionality supported other than Window NT, 95 or 3.1?
:> Such as unix?
:>
:>>>>
:No, its not. ODBC is a Microsoft-specific technology...
:
:RLH
Interesting... I am running ODBC on a Apple Macintosh. Doesn't need Windoze 3.1, 95 or even NT. In fact, I don't need ANYTHING from Microsoft (or Intel) to make it work (thank you Intersolv!). Of course the server is not on Windoze either, but on a Sun running UNIX (Solaris).

Oh, and by the way, even if you are running an Intel based client you still don't have to run Windoze to make ODBC work. It runs under OS/2 as well!!!

*tom*
tlangland_at_llnl.gov Received on Fri Aug 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message