Re: Personal Oracle 7.1 under WinOS2 on WARP?

From: <netkid_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/08/08

In <4ud0eq$b43_at_clark.net>, bmessick_at_clark.net (Bill Messick) writes:
>netkid_at_netcom.com writes:
>
>> Has anyone installed PO7.1 under WINOS2 on WARP?
>>I used WIN32S125. When I run the Database Manager
>>to load the starter db it gives me ORA-03121. That
>>is a message the SQLNET is not loaded. Since this
>>is a local db it should be using the 2TASK or NULL
>>SQLNET drivers. I found some info from MS that
>>implied PO7.1 wouldn't run under WINOS2 since it
>>wasn't fully WIN32S compatible. However I am able
>>to run SQLDBA and commands. The problem might be
>>with WIN32S125 but the symtoms don't seem so. I've
>>tried various CONNECT commands from SQLPLUS and still
>>get ORA-03121.
>> I know there is a PO7 for OS2. However I want to
>>use the Developer/2000 which I think only exist in
>>16bit form on Windows. If anyone else has another
>>configuration using the two products on WARP I'd
>>appreciate the info.

>>Thanks,
>>---
>>Jim
>>CyberNet Connections
>
>Jim,
>
>I haven't installed the Windows version of ORacle, so I can't help you
>there, but Developer/2000 in Win-OS2 works just fine with PO7 for OS/2 on
>the same box. It comes with a program called SQL*VDM acts like a SQL-NET
>listener for the Win-OS2 stuff. It's like having a network inside your
>PC.
>
>Indelible Blue is having a sale on Oracle stuff, by the way.
>
>Bill Messick

Hi Bill,

I'll try your recommended setup. Funny though, I can use SQLDBA to STARTUP the oracle instance and CONNECT to Scott/Tiger for example. However if I try SQLPLUS or the GUI DATABASE Manager I get the ORA-03121 message. I can get the same message with SQLDBA if I CONNECT Scott/Tiger _at_foobar. The @foobar is resolved in ORACLE.INI using the SQLNET parameter. It's frustrating to be that close with no cigar. The faq I saw from MS showed a configuration using 16bit Developer/2000 and 32bit WIN95PO7. Looks like the 32 bit OS/2 PO7 works the same way. Thanks for the info. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight.

---
Jim
CyberNet Connections