Re: Personal Oracle 7.1 under WinOS2 on WARP?

From: Bill Messick <bmessick_at_clark.net>
Date: 1996/08/08

netkid_at_netcom.com writes:

> Has anyone installed PO7.1 under WINOS2 on WARP?
>I used WIN32S125. When I run the Database Manager
>to load the starter db it gives me ORA-03121. That
>is a message the SQLNET is not loaded. Since this
>is a local db it should be using the 2TASK or NULL
>SQLNET drivers. I found some info from MS that
>implied PO7.1 wouldn't run under WINOS2 since it
>wasn't fully WIN32S compatible. However I am able
>to run SQLDBA and commands. The problem might be
>with WIN32S125 but the symtoms don't seem so. I've
>tried various CONNECT commands from SQLPLUS and still
>get ORA-03121.
> I know there is a PO7 for OS2. However I want to
>use the Developer/2000 which I think only exist in
>16bit form on Windows. If anyone else has another
>configuration using the two products on WARP I'd
>appreciate the info.

>Thanks,
>---
>Jim
>CyberNet Connections

Jim,

I haven't installed the Windows version of ORacle, so I can't help you there, but Developer/2000 in Win-OS2 works just fine with PO7 for OS/2 on the same box. It comes with a program called SQL*VDM acts like a SQL-NET listener for the Win-OS2 stuff. It's like having a network inside your PC.

Indelible Blue is having a sale on Oracle stuff, by the way.

Bill Messick Received on Thu Aug 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message