Re: Q about poplists

From: Webmaster <w3master_at_beatrix.philips.nl>
Date: 1996/08/07

Piotr A. Szczygielski wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm creating a form in Developer/2000.
> I want to have a poplist activated with data from table. In manual it
> seems to be rather easy - you create a record group and populate
> with this your poplist. But I have no idea when to do it. I mean
> in what kind of trigger I have to write PL/SQL code. Should this
> be done at the start of the form or on enter into the item ?
> I tried a few times without success - every time a message:
> cannot create a group.
>
> Any help ?
>
> Party.
>
> BTW. Is there any explanation of triggers in Dev/2000 documentation ?
> I'm not completely sure when exactly they are activated...

Hi Piotr,

I am normally using the WHEN_NEW_BLOCK_INSTANCE-Trigger. But using the PRE_FORM-trigger will also meet your demands.

But regarding this error message:
Check the query that populates the Record Group. Most likely the error source is located there!

Have a look into the "Oracle Developer 2000 Forms4.5 Reference Manual Volume 1" to find a detailed description of all the triggers available.

--

Kind regards,

Bernd Buchegger (Webmaster)
Marketing Communications Publishing Services
Philips Semiconductors
Building BEp-42b
P.O. Box 218
5600 MD  Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Fax:            +31 40 2724825
Phone:          +31 40 2724684
Internet:       w3master_at_ehv.sc.philips.com
                Bernd.Buchegger_at_ehv.sc.philips.com

---=> LET'S MAKE THINGS BETTER <=---