Re: connect internal psasword

From: Ed Bruce <bruce_at_ha.hac.com>
Date: 1996/08/07

Odaxys wrote:

> How to know the password required by slqdba when I'm launching the connect
> internal command with an other user than the Oracle one.

I have just got this working with svrmgrl. The steps I used to get svrmgrl to work is add the following line to your config<ORACLE_SID>.ora file:

remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

Then run the orapwd command something like:

orapwd file=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw<ORACLE_SID> password=<password>

Just substitute your database sid where your see <ORACLE_SID>. From now on your internal password will be whatever you typed in place of <password>.

Ed Bruce
Systems Engineer - DBS
Hughes Aircraft Company Received on Wed Aug 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message