Re: Q: How do I call report from forms 4.5

From: Mark Daynes <mark_at_pheaven.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/08/07

In article <4u7rbs$c6q_at_linet01.li.net>, Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net> writes
>I have used run_product, but being that a starts up a whole other product,
>you can guess that the overhead makes it execute quite slowly. I have not
>founf a way to call a report 2.5 from within forms 4.5. is ther a way?

Gary,

Well I guess that's because reports2.5 is another product. However, once you call it, the report server bit will remain resident and thus will not have to be reloaded for any subsequent executions of reports. I found that it is only "slow" on the first instantiation. If you call it ASYNCRONOUSLY rather than SYNCHRONOUS which I *THINK* is the default, then you won't even notice it! Honest. (I have a 100MHZ Pentium with 32MB running NT).

Regards,

Mark Daynes
Plural Heaven Ltd Received on Wed Aug 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message