Re: FORMS 4.5: Multiple Select, Mouse, Keyboard Q's

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/08/07

In article <4uacmo$3c8_at_clark.net>, Bill Messick <bmessick_at_clark.net> wrote: <snip>
>So I've got 3 questions:
>
>1. Does the KEY-ENTER trigger work, and if not, is there a way to
>fake it? I'd prefer to use the enter key for this, instead of
>something less intuitive.

The key-enter trigger doesn't work. I have also tried. I believe someone wrote to the newsgroup weeks ago explaining that key-enter is used by block-mode terminals (as in IBM 3270).

>2. Can Forms be made to recognize shifted arrow keys?
Don't know--have you tried defining them with Oracle Terminal? (Good luck, you will probably need it.)

>3. Can Forms do mouse down-drag-mouse up selections?
Haven't tried, but it should. Using a combination of when-mouse-down, when-mouse-enter and when-mouse-up triggers, one should be able to allow a user to drag items from one block to another.

Steve Cosner Received on Wed Aug 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message