Re: Where Are Reports Temporary Files Created?

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/08/02

Tim McLellan <tmclellan_at_galaxy.gov.bc.ca> writes:

>What ORACLE.INI path or variable points to the directory which Reports
>uses to create this temporary file? We can't find the file when our
>developers run a report. We've tried using the HOST command and setting
>the current directory to the workstation's temp directory, but that
>doesn't help.

We seem to get the files in the "current working directory" in effect when the F25RUN.EXE program is launched. There seem to be two file extensions used, one being *.IDX.

Try having your Forms/Reports run with the "current working directory" set to a directory on the user's hard disk.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Fri Aug 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message