ORACLE Performance Tuning - Your experiences

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_spica.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/08/02

Hi,

As a student of Computer Science at Hannover University, Germany, I am writing my diploma thesis on the topic of ORACLE Performance Tuning. I concentrate on tuning space management, especially secondary storage structures.

After reading the common books of Corrigan/Gurry, Corey/Abbey/Dechichio, several articles in magazines and ORACLE whitepapers I'm now interested in the experiences of real-life DBAs.

Some questions are:
Which DB_BLOCK_SIZE are you using?
What is your value of DB_MULTI_FILE_READ_COUNT? Which formulas do you use for the determination of parameters in the storage clause?
Which parameters do you monitor and how often do you monitor them? How do you find out about your current workload? ... and several questions more ...

Thanks in advance for your response

Axel Schlueter

schluete_at_informatik.uni-hannover.de Received on Fri Aug 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message