Re: archmon

From: Vince Cross <bartok_at_nortel.ca>
Date: 1996/08/02

Roman L. Podshivalov wrote:

> Hey!
>
> Can any 1 tell me what can i do with program archmon. It situated in
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/archmon and required dba group for pipe creation in
> $ORACLE_HOME/dbs.
> Or where can i read about it ?
> There is nothing in Oracle7 Server Utilities.
>
> PS: SUN Solaris 2.4 Oracle 7.3.2.2.

The archmon program is used for directing archivelogs to a tape device instead of a disk drive. According to the "Oracle Backup and Recovery Handbook", on unix System V systems, only the pipe driver is supported (archmon _at_p:SID), so it will only work on a local database. On BSD unix systems, the TCP/IP driver is also supported. However, on my hp-ux system with Oracle 7.3.2.1.0, the only option it would accept was _at_T:hostname:SID (TCP/IP). I'm not running archivelog mode on this database (it's a test system), so I can't tell you if it works on this version of the database.

Vince Cross Received on Fri Aug 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message