Re: Latest version for Solaris and NT?

From: Winston Douglas <wdouglas_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1996/07/25

DBA wrote:

> Emilio Benito (ebenito_at_logos.it) wrote:
> : I am using Oracle7 Server Release 7.1.6.2.0 on a Sun 1000 under Solaris.

> : Could someone tell me which is the latest version, and what are its
> : advantages over 7.1.6.2.0.
>
> The latest version is 7.3.2.2.0 as I know (maybe higher one after
> posting :-)).
>
> Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to email to me.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Lun Wing San
>
> Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org / wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk
> Telephone : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841
7.3.2 is the latest version and here are just some of the features over 7.1.6

Release 7.2
1. Enhancements to the performance of Data Warehouse Operations 2. Inline views which allows a query to to appear in the from clause of another query

3. support for debugging of PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages.
4. Pro*C support for C++
5. Resizable Data Files
6. Job-queue facility for scheduling jobs within the database.
7. Backup/Recovery reliability enhancements
8. Server Manager
9. Parallel Server Enhancements

7.3
1. Bit-Mapped Indexes (Oracle's Version of Foxpros Rushmore Technology that Microsoft is now raping).
2. A number of performance enhancements using Parallel processing technology.

3. Improved Memory management
4. Faster instance startup.
5. Improved serviceability.
6. Oracle7 OLAP option.
7. Removal on the limit on the number of extents per object.

etc Received on Thu Jul 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message