Re: Creating an ascii file from FORMS 4.5

From: Francisco Piragibe <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1996/07/17

There's a package in the Developer/2000 environment, called TEXT_IO, that can do exactly what you intend to. It allows one to deal with text files in a way that resembles BASIC; so, you can either read from or write to files at will.

--
Francisco C Piragibe de Almeida
Distributed Databases Consultant

> jwright_at_phish.nether.net () wrote in article
<4sgjvu$k6p_at_news.cic.net>...
> I have run into a predicament I have not been able to
solve. I was hoping
> someone might have some insight for me.
>
> I need to create a text file from within a trigger. In
order to use a
> print processing system with my forms applications, I
need to give it a
> few lines of info in a standard ascii file for Windows,
like this:

> (CR/LF)
> 032601301
> Joshua Wright
> (CR/LF)
> 0000 0000 0100 1111
> C:\IMAGES\PICTURE.GIF
>
> In a unique filename. Does anyone have an idea on how I
could manage