Re: Connect as an INTERNAL

From: DBA <oracle_at_myhost.subdomain.domain>
Date: 1996/07/17

Shin-e Fan (shinfan_at_engr.csulb.edu) wrote:
: I try connect as an INTERNAL in sqldba, I was in the oracle owner
: account and group id is dba, but it still said not enough privilige, how
: can I be connect as an INTERNAL and what is 'orapwd' can I use it to
: create an INTERNAL account, how.

    CONNECT INTERNAL is for backward compatibility only. You can try to use connect statement with as sysdba or sysoper.

    For instance, you can try connect / as sysdba. Alternatively, you can try connect / as sysoper.

    Moreover, please check whether dba is the group for database administration when you install Oracle.

    Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to email to me.

--
                                                               Best Regards,
                                                                 Lun Wing San

Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org / wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk
Telephone     : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841