Re: OPO Automatic FLUSHING AND LOCKING

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/07/14

goyal wrote:

> How can we set FLUSHING and LOCKING methods within OPO? For container records
> locking method is always set to pessimistic. How can we change this?

Goyal -

In version 1.0, you can't with bound recordsets, such as those of containers. The documentation says that you should be able to at least set deferred flushing for standalone recordsets, but, of course, using standalone recordsets would require lots of code to link their values to objects.

Why do you need to set the locking/flushing differently? Is there another way you could attack the problem?

  • Rick Greenwald The Power Objects Pro at inquiry.com