Re: Maximum number of records per table

From: Richard Cronau <saeinc_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1996/07/14

There is an absolute maximum based on the format of the row ID. I cannot recall the exact format, but you should be able to find it in the Concepts Manual. Since RowID includes file identification and block identification, the block size and file limitations come into play when calculating this value. As I recall (from calculating it once) this is a *VERY* large number.

In article <4rukh6$kms_at_cnn.softart.com>, txu_at_softart.com says...

>Hi, Folks,
>
>What is the maximum number of records allowed per table for oracle?
>Is there such kind of limits at all?
>
>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Tingting (txu_at_softart.com)

=====
Richard J Cronau
Principle
System Architects & Engineers, Inc.
saeinc_at_haven.ios.com
"Helping make client/server work for you"
=====