Dangling sessions in Oracle Reports 2.5

From: Murthy Jarugumilli <murthy_at_tcsi.com>
Date: 1996/07/10

Hi All

We are using Oracle Reports 2.5.2 in Windows 3.1. At runtime, we shell out the reports executable from within a VB application giving it the necessary parameters. When the reports executable completes its jobs of printing (successfully or not), it always leaves the session behind in the backend (Oracle 7.1.4 on HP-UX 9). In production, we have scores of reports being run on the front end and all these dangling sessions are creating major performance problems. We do have a lot of other VB applications accessing the same database and not generate any dangling sessions.

Has anyone experienced such problems with Oracle Reports? TIA Murthy Jarugumilli
TCSI. Received on Wed Jul 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message