Re: Opinions on Oracle Reports 2.5 ?

From: Ed Kulis <ekulis_at_hal.com>
Date: 1996/07/10

David Di Biaggio wrote:

> Ann Craven wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone out there using Oracle Reports ?
> >
> > We are currently comtemplating migrating from Oracle Report writer v1.1 and
> > would value opinions/advice from anyone who has already done this or who
> > perhaps decided to go with a third party reporting tool (if so which one !)
> > rather than use Oracle Reports.
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation
> >
> > Ann Craven

I've used GQL from Andyne (Phone: 613.548.4355) and have had good luck and enthusiastic comments from end users. GQL requires and administration to set up an ER model of the database and then users can query actual live data, set up their own reports.

Other major end user tools are from Business Objects, Mountain View CA and IQ from IQ Software, Atlanta GA.

On Oracle Report Writers, I don't think that they were designed by humans as we know them.

-ed

  • Ed Kulis 408-341-5561 Hal Computer Systems
  • Sr. Oracle DBA ekulis_at_hal.com Campbell, CA 95008
  • I would like it to be known that all opinions that are shown
  • are exclusively my own, on my own, all my own.