Multi-Threaded Server

From: Rob Bezaire <rob.bezaire_at_canrem.com>
Date: 1996/07/09

        We are running an Oracle 7.2 server on a DEC ALPHA 2100 in single threaded mode as a back-end database for an integrated financial package called BANNER by SCT. The software is installed on Windows 3.1 clients and uses SQL*NET 2.0 to talk to Oracle on the UNIX box.

        We are experiencing frequent ORA-04031 errors which indicate that SGA private memory has been exhausted. There are only a handful of users on the system and the SGA size is set to 200M. Someone suggested using mutithreaded server configuration to solve this problem but I haven't read any documentation that confirms this. Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Bezaire
(rbezaire_at_inforamp.net) Received on Tue Jul 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message