Re: <<< Internal database structure >>>

From: Phill Edwards <pedwards_at_mpx.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/08

exbrayat_at_lisiflory.insa-lyon.fr (Matthieu Exbrayat) wrote:

>Hello,

>I'd like to know if internal database structure of oracle is document.
>If it is, where can I find the information?
>Our goal is to extract data direct from DB to gain time comparing to
>using SELECT.

I would have thought it pretty unlikely that you could write anything more quickly than a select statement. Unless, you mean that you are trying to cut down on processing time. Even then, the internals are not documented as far as I know, and this would not be supported by Oracle. I think your best bet is to ensure that your indexing structure is correct and help ensure top performance that way. Regards,
-- Phill Edwards -- Received on Mon Jul 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message