Re: sqlnet 2.2.2 for windows

From: Simon Chessum <simonc_at_oakton.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/04

In article <4rc8b7$7as_001_at_nuts.nwu.edu>, aboyes_at_nwu.edu (Andrea J Boyes) says:

>In article <31d97816.1572722_at_n5.gbso.net>,
> chuckh_at_dvol.com (Chuck Hamilton) wrote:
>>Has anyone else experienced problems with the sqlnet 2.2.2 client for
>>Windows? I'm getting a GPF in module nls3win.dll if an application
>>closes and then re-opens a connection. This even happens in the ODBC
>>test application that Oracle provides on the Netware CD. It seems to
>>be independent of the network adapter, or whether the server is
>>running on Netware or Unix.
>>
>>Any one care to try this out and see if it's happening to them too?
>>
>>TIA
>
>Hey, me too! I'm getting GPFs in NLS3WIN.Dll_at_0002:7AEB whenever I try to
>run a form from Forms 4.5 Designer and I'm already connected. This is a
>REALLY HUGE pain in the ass, as I have to remember to disconnect every time
>I want to test a change to my Forms/Menus or even when I just want to pop into
>SQL*Plus.
>
>Grrrrr!

We also had the problem right after upgrading from V2.1 to V2.2. It appears that V2.2 uses NLS3WIN.DLL (as do all the V7.2 client DB utilities). The only way we were able to solve the problem woz by going back to SQL*Net V2.1 clients (although we still run SQL*Net V2.2 server on NT V7.2.2.4.4). SQL*Net V2.1 appears to use the MSOCKLIB.DLL and MWINSOCK.DLL (as did V1.1) instead of NLS3WIN.DLL & thus avoids the GPF problem.

  • Simon.