SQL-Question

From: Juergen Pelz <pelz_at_zdf.de>
Date: 1996/07/03

Hi SQL-world,
I have a simple SQL-question perhaps with an simple SQL-answer. There are one Master- and three Slave-Tables. There is no connection between these Slave-Tables. The Slave-Tables can contain different counts of Datasets according to the Master.

select master.titel, slave1.name, slave2.address, slave3.holidaylocation from master, slave1, slave2, slave3

Where master.id=slave1.idmaster(+)
  and master.id=slave2.idmaster(+)
  and master.id=slave3.idmaster(+);

gives me:

TITEL NAME ADDRESS HOLIDAYLOCATION

-------------- ---------------- -------------------

-----------------------
a pelz wiesbaden mallorca a pelz wiesbaden elba a pelz wiesbaden naxos b ZDF mainz b ZDF berlin

etc....

but I like to have:

TITEL NAME ADDRESS HOLIDAYLOCATION

a pelz wiesbaden mallorca a elba a naxos b ZDF mainz b berlin

etc....

Is there anybody, who can tell me, which SQL-Statement will be mine??

Thanks a lot,

Juergen Pelz.

email: pelz_at_zdf.de
tel: 49 - 6131 - 703608 Received on Wed Jul 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message