Re: Forms Variables

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/06/29

In article <31D31264.3CA_at_erudite.com>, Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com> wrote:
>I would like to have some global variables that can be accessed
>across multiple forms and some form level variables. The global
>variables look like they are limited to a string up to 255
>characters. Is the standard method of storing a number in a global
>variable to convert them to a string and back?

You don't need to convert numbers or dates before storing them in globals. It is done automatically by the form.

>How about a form level variable that only the form can see even if
>there are multiple instances of the form open.

You can use parameters for this: Define a parameter in the object navigator, and then use it from any trigger or procedure. They are only "seen" by the one instance of the form.

HTH,
Steve Cosner Received on Sat Jun 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message