Re: Differences between the Microsoft and the Oracle SQL server

From: (wrong string) ørge Hansen <bjoerge_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/06/29

an133911_at_anon.penet.fi wrote:

> NOW WHY THE HELL IS THERE SUCH A THING AS DBCC IF THEY DON'T HAVE
> PROBLEMS WITH COLLISIONS???? There are systems (Informix, Sybase,

> You must be high Jack-ASS! Those sites don't know what the hell

> BULLSHIT! They just don't have anything to advertise!
> I've been in the consulting business for nine years now...

Have you? With that language???????????????

> ...I will not, however, ever work on SQL Server. Microsoft came
> from the bottom in single user systems. That's where they should stay!
> >have fun
> >ray charb.
> You have fun using your DBCC every night with SQL Server (old Sybase
> technology by the way) while I'm out partying it up and Oracle's
> Workgroup Server is at work providing Light's Out automated mgt. (SQL
> Server can't do that!).

Dear friends, named ones and anonymous ones! I have one Q: Is this a serious discussion??? I have watched this discussion for the sake of professional interest, but i must admit that I have troble evaluating answers from mr. ANON...

Rune. Received on Sat Jun 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message