Differences between the Microsoft and the Oracle SQL server

From: aias <aiaspistoia_at_mail.promonet.it>
Date: 1996/06/18

Hi, what are the difference between the Oracle SQL and the Microsoft SQL?

I am going to restructure the informatic organization of an association. A part of the work requires the introduction of a Windows NT server that should contain administration and medical data. I think that, at the beginning, about 4-5 PC clients will be used, while, in the future, more clients will be present and other two servers could be introduced in branch offices. I need a SQL server to manage data. The candidates are the Oracle SQL server and the Microsoft SQL server. I would appreciate any hints on this topic. I would know pros and cons of the two DBMS.

Further, we are going to introduce a site on Internet and I think that we could use a WEB server either to allow Internet people to access our server either for internal pourposes; i.e. the staff could access the data on the server by HTML documents. According to the selected SQL, I will use the Oracle WEB server or the Microsoft WEB server. I would knows also pros and cons about this matter.

I thank in advance anybody who will help me.

Franco Scarselli Received on Tue Jun 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message