Re: char-mode terminal application of developer/2000

From: John Flack <RHUZ94A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/06/26

You say that character-mode runtimes for Forms 4.5 exist on SCO Unix? Great! We've been worried about how some remote users will use a system that we plan to convert from Forms 3 to Forms 4.5. While Oracle may not have been very helpful with tips for developing GUI forms that still work well in character mode, I have seen a few fine user-written papers on the subject. See if you can get the proceedings of East Coast Oracle 1995 - I believe that one of the better papers is in there. To summarize some of the tips:
  Use a monospaced font such as Courier on the GUI platform.   Set preferences for placement of objects to character (rather than inches, centemeters, or points)
  Do not have any single display area larger than 80x24 - the size of a terminal screen. Make sure you include room for borders in this measurement. Received on Wed Jun 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message