ORA-12500

From: JA Shaw <shaw_at_ccmail.nevada.edu>
Date: 1996/06/25

I have installed SQLNET V2 and configured the TCP listener (v2.1.4.1.4) It was up and running fine, clients connecting ok. Using LSNRCTL (Netware platform) I executed the version command. It hung the listener. Oracle sent a patch & I installed. I cannot connect via V2 now. I reinstalled SQLNET and the TCP Adapter again and re-generated config files to be what they were when I could connect. Now I am getting an "ORA-12500 TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process" error.

Has anyone seen this before? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Julie Received on Tue Jun 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message