Re: Is it possible to reduce the datafile size?

From: Ken Mulla <kalten_at_bluemoon.net>
Date: 1996/06/24

In article <DtBon3.AFx_at_news.hawaii.edu>, kittu_at_gis.eng.hawaii.edu says...

>Hi Oracle Users,
>Is it possible to reduce the datafile size
>with/without losing data. I have a datafile,
>using 10% of the space. Was wondering if I
>can rip off some of that un-used space.
>Atleast, at this point I do not intend to drop the
>tablespace though.
>
>Thank you for your replies,
> Kittu.

Not really. The best thing to do would be to export your database, drop the old tablespace, create a smaller one, then import it in to that.

Ken Mulla
kalten_at_bluemoon.net Received on Mon Jun 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message