Re: IMP/EXP Utility Problem

From: Christian Guenther <guenther_at_P2.MCH1.SIEMENS.x400scn.gw.sni.de>
Date: 1996/06/17

andreas_at_riscy.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at (Andreas Hausleitner) wrote:

>Hi all,

>can anyone help me to fix the following problem

>Problem: If I am using the Oracle Export (EXP) Utility to export data and
> afterwards I want to import the data using the Oracle Import (IMP) utility
> then I am loosing all special characters (we are using german characterset
> we8iso8859p1).

Have you set the NLS_LANG environment variable. It should have a value like American_Germany.WE8ISO8859P1, where in this case American means that you get english messages, Germany means that territory is set to german behavior and the last part say, that all tools now using the right character set. If this variable is not set, imp and exp are using the default character set US7ASCII and you loose all special characters.

> We are using Oracle 7.1.6 under HP-UX 9.05.

> Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

> Thanks in advance,

> Andreas Hausleitner

Many greeting vom bavaria.
By Chris
>Andreas Hausleitner
>University of Linz / Austria
>Computing Center
>Department for Supercomputing FAX : +43 732 2468-688
>Altenberger Str. 69 Tel.: +43 732 2468-203
>A-4040 LINZ email: hausleitner_at_edvz.uni-linz.ac.at

>--

Christian Günther                   dbbetr_at_ztivax.zfe.siemens.de
Siemens AG RK M/Pdb32
Tel. 089/63643965 Received on Mon Jun 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message