Re: performance question

From: Paul Osborn <posborn_at_menlosoftware.com>
Date: 1996/06/14

*

*

*

*

>Performance in all phases has been disappointing. We have tried adjusting the
>server configuration from SMALL to LARGE. This resulted in better performance in
>phase 2, worse performance in phases 3 and 4. Best times were recorded with
>MEDIUM settings. Any other suggestions or tuning tips would be appreciated!

  • Is your SQL statement using the index or not? Are you using cost based or rules based optimization? What percentage of data was found in the db_block buffer? Could the SQL statement be causing table scans?

[warning: self promotion on]

You can find queries to measure db_block buffer performance and a white paper on tuning Oracle at:

        www.menlosoftware.com

[self promotion off]

Regards,
Paul

--
posborn_at_menlosoftware.com      Menlo Software
http://www.menlosoftware.com   744 College Ave.