Re: Windows 95 and ODBC

From: Don Covert <covertd_at_onramp.net>
Date: 1996/06/12

>> Please can anyone help with this connect problem. I am trying to  connect
> Access 7 to an Oracle 7.1 database using the Oracle 32 bit ODBC drivers.
>
> I get the logon screen and when I type in the user and password the ODBC
 call
> failed error message is displayed. On clicking on OK the following
 messages
> are displayed:-
>
> Microsoft ODBC driver manager Driver's SQLSet connection failed #0
> Oracle ODBC driver Driver not capable #0
> oracle ODBC Oracle OCI ORA-03121 no interface driver connected function
 not
> performed #3121.
>
> I would be very grateful for any assistance with this problem.
>
> Kenneth Ward.

I'm having a very similar problem with Oracle 7.2 and Windows NT.

We are currently running the Microsoft IIS web server on an NT 4.0 beta 2 box. The Oracle 7.2 database is running remotely on a SGI Challenge box. Currently SQLNet v2.2 is running and CAN ping the database from the NT box. HOWEVER, we can not get a connection through ODBC. The same error occurs...

No interface driver connected...

It seems that no matter which drivers are used (Visigenic, Oracle72, or Oracle) we are STILL unable to connect to the Oracle database.

ANY IDEAS, ANYONE? Thanks,

Don