Oracle Client Software Manager

From: LarryED <larryed_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

We want to use OCSM to maintain our programmers local installations but to execute the Developer/2000 tools from the server rather than install them on the programmers PCs. The install instructions we have state that we should have a Local Oracle Home and a Shared Oracle Home. The Local Oracle Home would contain only a few things which should be installed locally and the ORACLE.INI would point to that directory (C:\ORAWIN). Forms was unable to access the message files. Support told us to change the ORACLE.INI parameter to our network shared directory (ORACLE_HOME=I:\ORAWIN). This fixed the problem but contradicts the installation instructions. Has anyone had any helpful experience? Thanks.

Larry E. Dudley, DBA
Knox County Govt, Knoxville, TN Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message