Re: MTS/Dedicated

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

Chakravarthy Nalamotu (kittu_at_gis.eng.hawaii.edu) wrote:
: Hi,
: Could some one let me know, how the connect
: string is given to obtain a dedicated server
: connection, in a multi threaded environment.

: I have a multi threaded server running
: right now. I guess MTS_SERVERS = 0
: gives me a dedicated server, but I would
: be losing my MTS configuration.

: Anyway, I have gone through the documentation.
: A clause (SRVR=DEDICATED) can be used in SQL*Net
: TNS connect string. But no further information.
: I was directed to refer to installation or user's
: guide, but couldn't find enough info. to move on.

: Could some one let me know what the exact
: connect syntax is?

: Thanks a million!!! for your replies.
: Kittu.

Add (SRVR=DEDICATED) to the CONNECT_DATA section in TNSNAMES.ORA file. If you need it only for this particular session, you'll have to use the whole translation as the connect string, e.g.

scott/tiger_at_(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(...))(CONNECT_DATA=...(SRVR=DEDICATED)))

I hope this helps:

    Janos Geller Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message