Re: SQL-LOADER, UNIX ascii file 1.2M liness takes more than 2 days..HELP!

From: Glen Case <gtbm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

In <4pbiq0$qfp_at_tetleys.pet.wmc.com.au> shewring_at_wmcpet.dialix.oz.au (Marc Shewring) writes:

>Hi there I am traying to load in data using sql-loader under SUNOS
>4.1.3.u on a Sparc20 and the load is taking forever. Admitedly the
>file is big 1.2 Million lines and there are only 4 fields on each
>line. Is there a faster way of getting this nav-data into oracle?
>
>regards Marc

>Marc Shewring
>Information Technology Officer "If you build
 it...
>Western Mining Corporation - Petroleum Division They will
 surf..."

>Marc.Shewring_at_p085.aone.net.au
>shewring_at_wmcpet.dialix.oz.au
>mcs_at_interlink.com.au

are you using the conventional or direct path option ? do you have indexes ?
do you have constraints ?

to load 1.2 million rows than i would suggest that you use the direct path loader option. drop all indexes and constraints on the table. once the sql*loader is done, then rebuild your indexes and constraints. Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message