Re: SQL*Net V1 w/ Pathworks TCP/IP

From: Ed Hillmann <Edward_Hillman_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

In article <31B8C277.CD_at_cnsnet.com>, selmore_at_cnsnet.com says...

>Help!
>
>I realize this is probably a very basic problem, but I'm trying to install
 SQL*Net
>V1.1 on a PC running Pathworks 5.0 TCP/IP under Win 3.10 to connect to an
 Oracle 7
>server. After the SQL*Net install, I get a message that I need to add
 SOCKTSR.EXE to
>my autoexec before M3OPEN.EXE. I tried using the SOCKETS.EXE file on the
 SQL*Net disk
>(I believe this is just an updated version of SOCKTSR.EXE), but it says it
 can't find
>NEMM.DOS? Well, I can't find NEMM.DOS either!
>
>Anyone know what's going on?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Steve
>selmore_at_cnsnet.com

I experienced something similar, except trying to run a DOS app with SQL*Net TCP/IP vers 1 on a pathworks network. From what I could find out, the SQL*Net didn't play nice with the Pathworks stack. If you are using Windows, or using a Windows product to access the SQL*Net software/ORacle database, I would look into using SQL*Net ver 2. I believe that may be configured to run with the pathworks env, but I would double check it. :)

Ed Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message