Re: Is this the way Oracle always does business?

From: A Ustby <austby_at_mail.ctenet.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

In article <4pc832$jad_at_eng_ser1.erg.cuhk.hk>, kkkong_at_ee.cuhk.hk says...

>I had bad experience when dealing with Oracle Hong Kong Office as well.
>I was asked by my supervisor to choose a database package for the students
>to use in their projects. I enquired around and was suggested to get Oracle.
>Since we have not had Oracle in our dept. before, so we decide to get the
>Oracle workgroup for NT and upgrade to Solaris version later if neccessary.
>
>I was asked to call Mr. Chin in their Hong Kong sales office. When I called
 him
>and enquired about their products, I was under the impression that he was
>not quite interest in dealing with us at all.
>
>Having considered the recommendations from other people and their quotation,
>the aprroval to purchase Oracle was approved by our Chairman. I left a
>message on that Oracle perosn's answering machine and I never got my
>call returned. I got hold of him finally. He was surprised to know that
>the purchase order was placed so soon. This really made you wonder whether
>this is the way Oracle treats their customers.
>
>I heard from a colleague from another department that they went to their
>office for a demo by this same person and learned the demo was shown by a
>receptionist.
>
>Oracle may like dealing with big business only. However, if our students do
 not
>know Oracle, how are they going to recommend and aprroved the purchase order
>when they become the senior person in big companies one day?
>
>--
>Regards
>
>Alan

 **
>Alan, Kwok-Kee KONG | Email: kkkong_at_ee.cuhk.hk
>Department of Electronic Engineering | alan_at_ee.cuhk.hk
>The Chinese University of Hong Kong | Tel: +852 2609-8286 (voice)
>Shatin, N.T. | +852 2603-5558 (fax)
>Hong Kong
 **
>Disclamer: The opinions expressed are myself only and I don't represent my
>employer.

Wait till you have to call in for tech support !!!! In my 23 years in data processing, it is THE WORST I have EVER SEEN.

The best is yet to come for you. Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message