Re: des2k MSD drag-n-drop problem

From: Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com>
Date: 1996/06/10

Jeff Jacobs wrote:

> Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com> wrote:
>
> >Here's a good one:
> > The only way to reparent or reorder siblings in the Module
> >Structure Diagrammer (MSD) of des2K is to drag and drop, right? Well,
> >drag-n-drop has stopped working!

> There are buttons on the toolbar for reparenting and reordering.

Yes, there are buttons on the toolbar, but unless I'm missing something you still need to drag-n-drop to reparent/reorder siblings.

From the Cue Cards:

"Relocating a Module
1. Select the Move Module button.
2. On the module that you want to relocate, press and hold down the mouse button.
3. Do one of the following:
--> Drag..."

It used to work, now I'm stumped.

I'm running WinNT3.51 (Build 1057:Service Pack 4)

Some of my win apps (Powerpoint is one) still have drag-n-drop functionality, but others (Dev2K MSD, Word 7.0) don't!

In case I've managed to stomp on a dll, I've tried de-install/re-install of MS-Office and ALL of my Oracle products (...well, the ones that run on the 16-bit subsystem anyway). I question, though whether ORAINST and/or office setup really remove all the dll's when you remove the products, or if the hang around in the system/system32 directories.

Anyway, as you might have figured, the deinstall/reinstall didn't work.

Any ideas? (...candidate dlls for example) Workarounds?

--
Matthew G. Stahl  | EMail:  mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com
Analyst           | Voice:  (860) 442-4355 x 112