Re: Developer 2000 V1.3. How does it work????

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/08

rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk (Robert Jones) wrote:

>Peter de Wolff <P.C.de.Wolff_at_pve.agro.nl> wrote:

>>I know the developer 2000 V1.3 has been released but i have heard some
>>negative stories about this new:( product.

>>I would like to hear some more stories about the new developer, so i can
>>make the decision to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3

>We received 1.3 last week and were very dissapointed. We have run into
>a bug which caauses GPF's when a MDI horiz toolbar is attached which
>means all our forms will not run.

>Also, it appears that the .fmb's are NOT compatible with 16 bi 1.2 -
>you have to load and save them using Designer - they cannot just be
>re-generated - A real bad move by Oracle.

>I would upgrade to 1.2 however as this works ok for us as long as you
>recognise the errors in this.

>Robert Jones (rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk) - DBA, Developer/2000
>Kalamazoo ANSWER Limited - an Oracle BAP
>ANSWER Open Systems Applications

I know it's not the done thing to comment on your own posts, but there were some things wrong in the last one.

The .fmb files ARE portable from 1.2 to 1.3 - all you have to do is re-generate and run - a relief all round.

The toolbar bug is real however - apparently if you use iconic buttons on and Horizontal MDI toolbar, you must give at least one of them an icon name - even if that name is gibberish. We were assigning icon names to the buttons at run-time, so the form just GPF'd - this is now an official bug.

It serves me right to listen to other people before posting - next time I 'll make sure to try things out myself first. I'll just go and slink away now.