Re: SQL-LOADER, UNIX ascii file 1.2M liness takes more than 2 days..HELP!

From: James B. Reynolds <jbreynol_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/08

In <4pbiq0$qfp_at_tetleys.pet.wmc.com.au> shewring_at_wmcpet.dialix.oz.au (Marc Shewring) writes:

>Hi there I am traying to load in data using sql-loader under SUNOS
>4.1.3.u on a Sparc20 and the load is taking forever. Admitedly the
>file is big 1.2 Million lines and there are only 4 fields on each
>line. Is there a faster way of getting this nav-data into oracle?
>
>regards Marc

>Marc Shewring
>Information Technology Officer "If you build
 it...
>Western Mining Corporation - Petroleum Division They will
 surf..."

>Marc.Shewring_at_p085.aone.net.au
>shewring_at_wmcpet.dialix.oz.au
>mcs_at_interlink.com.au

Marc,

Are any of the columns indexed?

If the data is in indexed order, or not indexed, or if the indexes are dropped you can use the DIRECT LOAD option i.e. DIRECT=TRUE and that will speed up the load.

Check your SQL*Loader documentation.

Regards,

Jim Received on Sat Jun 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message