Re: PL/SQL and Unix flat files

From: r brown <aj990_at_torfree.net>
Date: 1996/06/07

   jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com (John Strange) wrote:
>:> Can PL/SQL read a unix flat file as input?
>
> Not that I am aware of since you did not include your
> release level of PL/SQL.
>

>Richard Bergdahl (rtb_at_interaccess.com) wrote:
>:> Can PL/SQL read a unix flat file as input?

I think you're wrong about that. I've seen postings here which mention a package called dbms_text. Unfortunately, I haven't worked with it, so I can't provide a lot of info.

It is supposed you give you the ability to read and write files.

It wasn't part of the earlier pl/sql releases. You might not have it on your system.

Sorry I can't give you more help. I hope this is enough to point you in the right direction, at least. Received on Fri Jun 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message