Re: PL/SQL and Unix flat files

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1996/06/06

:> Can PL/SQL read a unix flat file as input?

	Not that I am aware of since you did not include your
	release level of PL/SQL.

	You might consider using sql loader to load
	the flat file into a temp table,
	doing a little string manipulation,
	then inserting it into the target table.

Richard Bergdahl (rtb_at_interaccess.com) wrote:
:> Can PL/SQL read a unix flat file as input? I'm thinking of writing a
:> procedure to read in a flat file and update/insert it's contents to a table
:> after doing a little string manipulation on each record read. Normally I
:> would use Pro*C to do this, but the client seems to have a little C-phobia.

:> Is this possible with PL/SQL?

:> Rich

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you