ORACLE Webserver 1.0 Install - Help!!

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1996/06/06

Hi:

        We bought the vanilla 7.3 distribution which came with Webserver V1.0. During installation, it asked me for the password and port number etc. The installation is now complete.

        On page 5-23 of the installation guide, (Complete installation for the ORACLE Webserver), it says

  1. Start ur webserver
  2. Connect to the URL http://hostname:port_id/ows-admin/register

        I tried this and got the error

	"There was no response - ther server could be down or is not
	responding.

	If u r unable, connect again later. "

	I never got to the stage where it asks me for the password I entered
during installtion.

What else needs to be done? Is the Sql*Net listener also the webserver listener? I have not started the SQL*Net listener.

thanks a lot,

-Badri Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message