Re: Forms 4.5 or VB

From: Rafael Ramirez <raffy_at_erika.upd.edu.ph>
Date: 1996/06/05

  VB can use Oracle Objects for OLE which is a much better interface than ODBC as long as its only an Oracle database that you want to access. It was written using OCI and is pretty efficient.   Forms 4.5 has greater functionality than VB for database applications and can also access VBXes that VB can use so the major consideration could be deployment (VB EXEs vs. Forms FMX'es w/c need runform) and customization (Basic for VB or PL/SQL for Forms). For me, PL/SQL is a lot friendlier than Basic for add-on code.

Rafael S. Ramirez        raffy_at_erika.upd.edu.ph    Independent Oracle Consultant
        Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engg.
Snail Mail: c/o EEE Dept., University of the Philippines, Diliman QC 1101