Re: SQL Question, first 50 of a query

From: Michael E. Austin <austin_at_inmind.com>
Date: 1996/06/05

Pierre (pierre_at_pathcom.com) wrote:
: "Michael J. Pantaleano" <mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com> wrote:

: >Hadar Paiss wrote:
: >>
: >> Michael Brodesky wrote:
: >> >
: >> > I am trying to do the top50 in sql that is provided by
: >> > access, but in oracle 7.2. Anyone know how to do this?<<snip>>
: >> > Michael
: >> <<snip>>

: >For number 2,

: >How about:

: > select ename, sal
: > from emp
: > where ROWNUM < 51

add>> order by sal;

: This is first 50, not TOP50

If you are trying to extract the top 50 salaries, adding the ORDER BY clause should get you what you want.

Optionally, you could use the same query in a cursor and do 50 fetches.

: Best regards,

I'll send you my bill... :)

: Pierre  mailto:pierre_at_pathcom.com    http://www.pathcom.com/~pierre
: "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Ted Kennedy

--
|                         Michael E. Austin                              |