form 4 communications

From: Dave Murphy <dmurphya_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/04

Can forms 4 communicate with other software? To clarify, I need to link forms 4 to 3270 emulator. AFAIKS it doesn't, so I need to communicate with a middle layer. This could be a 4 gl I know of that dos the necessary comms, or to something else. Question is, can forms communicate with other software (In know it can call 'c' code, so that would also be a route).

Oh, the client is a Windows NT machine.

Reason for the strange connection is that a client is migrating from old MVS systems to Oracle database, but it is being done as a slow migration, rather than a rapid revolution, so they need to access Oracle and MVS databases at the same time. The long term interest is Oracle only.

TIA....Dave Murphy. Received on Tue Jun 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message