Re: Error 12203 - As usual, doco is no help

From: Steve Dodsworth] <Steven_Dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/03

In <4ot7bq$6q2_at_red.interact.net.au>, grant_at_towersoft.com.au (Fuzzy) writes:
>Any one know what ORA-12203 is? Thanks to the wonderful organisation
>of Oracle's error doco, I don't have the text for this error.
>
>Ciao
>Fuzzy
>:-)
>Grant Allen | "Woo Hoo!"
>grant_at_towersoft.com.au | H. Simpson
>The contents of this post are my opinions only.
> If swallowed, seek medical advice.

error is a sqlnet one, which is probably why you couldn't find it. If you hav eaccess to a unix box try the following:

$ oerr ora 12203

the result is :

12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"

// *Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.
// This error can also occur because of underlying network transport
// problems.
// *Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line
// was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and
// that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
// Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection are
// up and running.

Bye,
Steve

opinions expressed are mine and do not
necessarily represent those of my employer Received on Mon Jun 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message