Re: Error 12203 - As usual, doco is no help

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1996/06/03

Have you tried oerr ?

$ oerr ORA 12203
12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"

// *Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.
// This error can also occur because of underlying network transport
// problems.
// *Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line
// was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and
// that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
// Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection are
// up and running.

$

Fuzzy (grant_at_towersoft.com.au) wrote:
:> Any one know what ORA-12203 is? Thanks to the wonderful organisation
:> of Oracle's error doco, I don't have the text for this error.

:> Ciao
:> Fuzzy
:> :-)
:> Grant Allen | "Woo Hoo!"
:> grant_at_towersoft.com.au | H. Simpson
:> The contents of this post are my opinions only.
:> If swallowed, seek medical advice.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you