Re: Automatic SHUTDOWN of Workgroup Server on NT

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: 1996/05/30

cklincoln_at_worldnet.att.com (Chris Lincoln) wrote:

>jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si (Jure Modic) wrote:

>>I can set my Workgroup Server 7.1.3 for NT to start automaticaly when
>>the sistem starts up, but I would like to do the reverse thing when
>>sistem is shuted down.

>>Is there any similar solutions with NT Registry or any solutions at
>>all?

>Have I been missing something with our 7.0 installation all this time?
>Doesn't the Oracle service shutdown when NT is shut down?

No, NT just terminates the services. I found this out (quite by accident) by glancing through the trace files Oracle generates. Everytime the OS was shutdown and brought back up, Oracle recorded that it was performing a recovery.

As for the original question, I don't know of any way to do this.

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_iac.net