Re: Is Oracle serious?

From: Jim Freeman <jrf1_at_pop.erols.com>
Date: 1996/05/29

RE: resizing Oracle Forms for differing resolutions at runtime

I have been successful resizing my applications on the MS Windows platform by doing the following:

  1. Set form property sheet to Character (yes, a drawback but it works)
  2. Develop form in character SVGA mode approx. 800x600
  3. you'll need to twik the size of your fonts and boilerplate ( I used system 8 but others work )
  4. For VGA 600x480 resolution mode users ONLY put the following in oracle.ini: FORMS45_DEFAULTFONT="MS Sans Serif.8.Plain"
  5. For all other resolutions comment this field out or delete it.

This has allowed my end-users who run VGA mode (600x480) to run the application just fine and SVGA users 800x640 or above to use the application just fine. If you're using VBX controls such as a tab control (I did and it works) you will need to twik it a bit in the designer to get it to size correctly.

Hope you find the above helpful.
Best regards.
Jim

Ian C. Sellers wrote:

> In article <31AB27D0.6B29_at_ab.com>, mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com says...
> >
> >richu_at_interaccess.com wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <4odb05$j15_at_makai.maui.net> jtwelker_at_maui.net (John
 Twelker) writes