Re: How to turn off parallel option for my benchmarks

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: 1996/05/28

In article <AAoCMfnKp5_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>, dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA wrote:

> One vendor is offering the parallel option, and the other is not. I want
> to be able to turn off the parallel option to be able to test just the
> servers on equal ground. Is it sufficient to just drop the tables used in the
> benchmarking program and then recreate/populate them without the parallel
> parameter?

Hi Dwayne,

if i remember correct you have to enable the parallel query on each table using:

alter table <table_name> set parallel <number of parellel procs>.

Try help alter table in SQL*Plus.

I am not shure about the correct syntax.

HTH, Toni

--
A. Dischner, AIX sysadmin, Oracle DBA           | Maier's rule:
Institut fuer Klinische Chemie                  | Murphy is an