How to turn off parallel option for my benchmarks

From: Dwayne King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>
Date: 1996/05/24

Hi,

I am currently involved in evaluating the performance of several different servers / vendor configurations with Oracle 7.2

One vendor is offering the parallel option, and the other is not. I want to be able to turn off the parallel option to be able to test just the servers on equal ground. Is it sufficient to just drop the tables used in the benchmarking program and then recreate/populate them without the parallel parameter?

The vendor not offering the parallel option felt that it was necessary to drop the entire user's schema, and then recreate again. While I don't think this is necessary, I have admittedly very little experience with the parallel option.

Any comments?

---
---

* Dwayne K. King * email: dwayne_at_dwayne.freenet.kiev.ua *
* International Monetary Fund * phone: (011-380-44) 212-54-81 *